Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ah, Spring is Just Around the Corner


Spring seems to have arrived. Today is the perfect day: a Saturday with lots of sun and a high of 72. I absolutely love it.

I'm now at the Myers' waiting for Crystal to get back from her coffee date with Allison. As soon as she gets back we'll be headed off to the Virginia Diner in Wakefield, VA.
She went there when she was 12, and now she works at a franchise of their store here in Virginia Beach, so she's very excited about the idea of going there again. As far as I can tell, and Crystal has confirmed it, it'll be just like a Cracker Barrel, so I don't see the appeal, but oh well.

I'm so glad we're at least going on another road trip again. We haven't gone since November, and it felt so regular back then. I do love getting out of the house and going somewhere, anywhere. I love seeing the country, finding new places, meeting new people and trying new things. The novelty of a new experience is just so thrilling that I don't mind that today's destination is so much more exciting for her than for me. It is also very nice to see her enjoying herself, so that makes up for it too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates